Frequently Asked Questions
What are the program hours?
- Rainbow Center/Rainbow Options I/II: 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Beyond the Rainbow (Before & After School Program): 7-8:45 a.m. & 3:30-6 p.m.
- Extended School Year (Summer Program): 8:30-11:30 a.m.
When are you in session?
Can my child attend Rainbow Center?
- Placement is made through your child’s school district. Talk to your school’s IEP (Individual Education Plan) Committee to see if it’s a good fit for your child. If the school district decides that the program will benefit your child, then they will contact Rainbow Center to move forward with the process.
How much do your services cost?
- Student Programming (Ages 3-21): All services for the school program are covered by the school district. Contact Michon Lester 816-229-3869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Programming (Ages 21+): Contact Tyreka Smith 816-229-3869 or email@example.com.
I am needing before and after school care for my child, is it available?
- Beyond the Rainbow, our before and after school program can be provided at the parent’s expense. There is currently a waiting list, please contact us at 816-229-3869 to fill out paperwork and to be put on the list. Transportation is provided by the parents.
My son did not have a successful year in --------, do you have a summer program that would help him gain some confidence?
- Our summer program is an extension of our school program. Therefore, they would need to be placed by the school district.
Do we offer therapies to children that do not attend Rainbow Center?
- Our therapy programs are exclusive to Rainbow Center students.
Who do I contact for questions regarding programming?
- Rainbow Center (Ages 3-21): Michon Lester 816-229-3869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rainbow Options I/II (Age 21+): Tyreka Smith 816-229-3869 or email@example.com.
- Beyond the Rainbow/Extended School Year: Michon Lester 816-229-3869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What donations do we accept?
- General donations - Monetary donations, paper products, school supplies and other items*.
- Event donations - Depends on the event, but if we can’t use it for one, we’ll use it for another.
*Other donations are subject to case by case basis. Please, contact Heather at email@example.com.
As a 501 (c)3, we follow guidelines for IRS Charitable Giving, so your donations are tax-deductible.
I need community service hours; can I get them here?
- High School/College Class: Yes, please follow the instructions on the Volunteer tab.
- Court-Ordered: Unfortunately, because of the nature of our business, we are not allowed to accept any court-ordered community service hours.